Braille keysyms ?

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sat Mar 11 04:13:53 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 03:03:12AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> X servers are becoming a target for accessibility. However, there is
> currently no braille keysyms yet. This would be useful for being able
> to express braille combinations typing (unicode already has the \U2800
> range for coding them). Since there are 256 braille combinations, 256
> keysyms would be needed.
>
> What do X lib people think about this?

You can already use Unicode symbols as keysyms -- just use 0x10028xx.
Of course, I'm sure we could attach symbolic names to same if requested,
but we'd need a list of symbolic names and codepoints.  Bonus points if
it comes in the form of a patch to proto/X11/keysym.h adding #define
XK_BRAILLE, and proto/X11/keysymdef.h adding #ifdef XK_BRAILLE\n#define
XK_foo 0x1002801\n...\n#endif.

Cheers,
Daniel