Regression with xf86-video-ati and ati-1-0-branch

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sun Mar 12 15:28:52 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 22:43 +0100, Erik Andrén wrote:

> Hi.
> Using the freshly made ati-1-0-branch my dmesg reports that I'm only
> getting 1x AGP-mode. Reverting to the official 7.0 modular release gets
> my normal 4x AGP. Hardware is a dell c640 latitude and a radeon 7500
> mobility.

Please open a bugzilla entry and provide your X log & config files for
both cases. Also add me on CC. Thanks !

Note that the new "stable" branch has been barely tested at this point,
I haven't quite "finished" with it :) I'n happy to know it builds at all
in fact :) But heh, that specific issue sounds like it might bite HEAD
as well, so please open that report.

Cheers,
Ben.