XRender acceleration

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Thu Mar 16 12:26:42 PST 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 14:48, Zack Rusin wrote:
> Hey, [*1]
>
> we're doing better and better at accelerating XRender. Muchas problemos
> that we have on the toolkit level are caused by the fact that we (*2) have
> no idea what is accelerated.

So why don't we have a useful Render performance benchmark?

There's no useful way to report this information from the server that doesn't
lead to polynomial code explosion on both sides.  What you actually need is a
performance profile of the ops that matter and some user checkboxes that say
"yes gradients are slow but I want them anyway".

- ajax