Next step for libpciaccess

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Fri Mar 17 13:15:19 PST 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 12:10:38PM -0800, Ian Romanick wrote:
> Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > How about testing the OS and distro, and having some defaults for
> > certain OS's that can be properly detected, but having a
> > --with-pciids-path= option to ./configure to override any autodetection?
>
> What's the right way to do that?  What I really want is to get some
> #define in config.h with the path.  I tried AC_ARG_WITH, but that just
> gives me a value in the Makefile.  I guess I could wire that into
> CFLAGS, but is that the best way?

Something not unlike:
AC_ARG_WITH(--with-pciids-path, AS_HELP_STRING(...), [PCIIDS_PATH=$withval], [PCIIDS_PATH=/arbitrary/default])
AC_DEFINE_DIR(PCIIDS_PATH, PCIIDS_PATH, [Path to pci.ids])

Where AC_DEFINE_DIR is available from:
http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/ac_define_dir.html

And PCIIDS_PATH will now be available as a preprocessor define.

Cheers,
Daniel