radeon driver: checkpoint

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Mar 17 14:17:05 PST 2006

> I've just check out ati-1-0-branch again. And it's back to usable.
> While playing a bit with the config options I noticed that every setting
> of Option "AGPMode" non equal "1" results in a system hang. Is that a
> known problem?

It might be with your configuration. Do you also have AGPFastWrite ? If
yes, try disabling it.

> I don't need this feature ... but if you want me to compile it with
> DEBUG enabled and an serial console attached to collect more
> information, I could do that.

DEBUG is still enabled by default. To get a useful log, you usually need
to remount your root filesystem synchronous (mount / -o remount,sync) so
that you get the last bits of log to disk before it crashes.

Ben.