Composite overlay window

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 23 16:09:35 PST 2006

James Jones wrote On 03/23/06 15:17,:
> On Thursday 23 March 2006 03:14 pm, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> I believe the intended usage is to create a child window of the
> composite overlay window with your favorite visual, then do your
> compositing into that window.

This is true. The recommended usage is to reparent a window of your own
creation (and your own visual) to be a child of the overlay window.
I just assigned the default visual to the overlay window because you
need to use some visual when creating a window in the server. The
overlay window is typically not rendered to directly. It's more of a
container.