Xorg 7.0 and radeonfb - a no-go?

Otto Solares solca at guug.org
Mon Mar 27 09:08:00 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 04:53:29PM +0200, David Gómez wrote:
> No, that doesn't fix it (except if it has been fixed three o four days
> ago in CVS), because as i already told in another message, i had a lot
> of "idle timeout" messages and redrawing problems with the radeon
> driver (with XOrg/ati cvs HEAD), without DRI enabled. What solved the
> problem was disabling the radeonfb in the kernel. Currently enabling
> radeonfb and using at the same time the radeon Xorg driver with DRI
> disabled is not possible.

For me radeonfb + radeon xorg works nicely.  I used to have
hard lockups when using 'xvinfo' and at random times.  Current
cvs fixes all my problems except EXA _always_ lead to hard
lockups (which I tried from time to time) and when attaching a
seconday monitor the xorg driver thinks the Max Res. is 640x480
(which is workarounded using 'Option "UseFBDev" "True"').

-otto