xorg HEAD + Mesa HEAD = boom

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Mar 29 21:23:37 PST 2006

> Update your Mesa CVS and try again.  I checked in some changes a few
> hours ago.

Ok, in fact, I have 2 Mesa trees, one used to build the server and one
used to build libGL, DRI, etc... :) (the later because I use it for
experimenting with the DRI).

The one used to build the server is up to date vs. anoncvs as of now,
though I suppose it could also be anoncvs being slow as hell to
replicate... I haven't tried the real CVS as I didn't have my ssh keys
at hand back then.

The one used to build libGL and the DRI was a bit less up to date and
had some stale junk I missed, so I think the problem is my fault. (I've
been hacking on a native ppc dispatch but it's still incomplete).

I'm not sure 100% the client library caused the server to crash tho, it
might have to do with AIGLX maybe going through the client dispatch from
the server.

So forget about it for now, I'll re-test with clean builds.

Cheers,
Ben.