Dual monitor on radeon

Fabio Varesano fvaresano at inwind.it
Thu Mar 30 12:52:11 PST 2006

Hi everybody

I'm having problems setting up xorg to use two
monitor. I want the two monitors not to show the
same thing but to create a desktop area divided
on the two monitors.

I'm using a notebook with an ati radeon mobility 9000.
I want to use the notebook's monitor and an LCD monitor
connected to the VGA port of my notebook.

I'm trying using stock xorg radeon drivers for X.org 7 .
I made my configurations... Attached there are xorg.conf
and Xorg log file. Also lspci output is attached.

I think I'm near the right configuration.. with current xorg.conf
file, X starts but only one monitor is active (notebook one).
The LCD monitor attached with VGA cable doesn't get signal.
But on the notebook monitor I see an extended desktop.
The taskbar isn't full displayed. Only an half.
xdpyinfo tell me that I have a 2048x768 desktop.

Ok.. I hope someone will be able to point me to the right direction..

Thanks.

Fabio