xorg HEAD + Mesa HEAD = boom

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Mar 30 23:06:05 PST 2006

Ok, I rebuild it all from fresh CVS checkouts today and made sure the
trees had no stale .o file or anything. Result is, it doesn't crash, but
doesn't work very well neither.

Machine is a ppc32 laptop, Mesa/DRI built with TLS enabled and X built
with the new enable-glx-tls option from Kristian.

So far, what I've been able to collect is:

 - DRI r300 doesn't work. I get that when running any GL app:

   libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
   libGL error: InitDriver failed
   libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

 - AIGLX doesn't work, probably for the same reason as above. Message in
log is:

   (EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed(EE) GLX-DRI: reverting to software rendering

 - When using glxgears and EXA, the gears (software rendering by GLcore
on server side) are garbage all over the framebuffer. Looks like the
pitch is wrong, not sure exactly what's up there at this point. Seems to
work ok with XAA. (I haven't tried indirect GL for ages since until
recently, DRI worked fine, so this might be an old breakage).

At this point, I didn't have any time to try to track down these issues,
thus this email, in case I wake up with everything fixed in CVS tomorrow
morning :)

Cheers,
Ben.