GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap spec just about done.

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon May 1 15:19:43 PDT 2006

On Saturday 29 April 2006 20:55, James Jones wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> After incorporating all the feedback from this list, we've come up
> with what should be a finished specification.  Changes include:
>
> -A few of the issues were cleaned up a bit.
>
> -Official GLX enums and opcodes have been allocated.

Sweet.  I'll go ahead and bump the protocol module.

> -The function return values have been changed to void.

Reflected in Mesa.

> -Unfortunately, we need to require GLX 1.3 rather than GLX 1.2 +
> SGIX_fbconfig.  the CreateGlxPixmap function in SGIX_fbconfig
> doesn't take attributes, which are important for the creation of
> TFP drawables.  Implementations that don't support GLX 1.3 will
> either have to be updated, or at least fudge it by implementing
> glXCreatePixmap.

Not a huge deal, I think this works in the Xorg GLX code.

Could the spec reflect this?  Something along the lines of:

"GLX 1.3 is required.  Alternatively, implementations may advertise support
for this extension simultaneously with GLX 1.2 if and only if they support
the glXCreatePixmap interface from GLX 1.3."

Sort of awkward language, but it works.

> Could all interested parties give it one final review?  In
> particular, could someone from AIGLX let us know if everything
> looks good from the point of view of another implementor?

I don't see anything immediately wrong with it; I'll give it a closer review
tonight.

- ajax