Xgl and "XKB extension not present"

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Thu May 4 12:19:02 PDT 2006

Sune Mølgaard wrote:

> Thanks. I got a suggestion on the compiz forum that I start Xgl without
> the -kb option. Seems rather obvious, but I had just copied it blindly
> from some page :-$
>
> My apologies for any inconvenience/nervousness,
>
> Sune

I actually _do_ have a problem with XKB. When I run setxkbmap -print, it
now gives me:

Couldn't interpret _XKB_RULES_NAMES property
Use defaults: rules - 'xorg' model - 'pc101' layout - 'us'
xkb_keymap {
         xkb_keycodes  { include "xfree86+aliases(qwerty)"       };
         xkb_types     { include "complete"      };
         xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };
         xkb_symbols   { include "pc(pc101)+us"  };
         xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc101)"     };
};

This is not desirable, as I want and am used to pc105,dk, which is
indeed what's loaded in regular Xorg.

Any ideas?

Sune

--
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not
prove anything.