fbdev driver using 24b/px with framebuffer which is 32b/px

grfgguvf.29612406 at bloglines.com grfgguvf.29612406 at bloglines.com
Thu May 4 18:56:38 PDT 2006

Hi,

The fbdev driver in Xorg (I tried 7) is using a 24b/px mode (24 is
the maximum value for colour depth). The Linux framebuffer (I am using vesafb)
however is using a 32b-aligned mode, and I couldn't find any way to set it
to 24b aligned. So tring to use X on framebuffer in "16 million colours" mode
results in garbled vertically shrunk display.

Why hasn't this been fixed?
Or it has been and I am just missing the way to set this behaviour? (32b aligned
fbdev mode)