2 dual-head PCIe NVIDIA cards to be one screen

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Fri May 5 14:20:47 PDT 2006

On Thursday 04 May 2006 10:37, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Christian Parpart wrote:
> > However, when playing on two monitors you don't have a
> > good centerview, that's why he got a 3rd flat panel and a second (same
> > spec) nvidia card.
>
> Nice setup :)
>
> That said with things like this, you can never stop tweaking... wonder
> when a third card and two more flat panels will arrive ;)

But how do you plug a 3rd video card into a single host?
Thinking of having 2 PCIe slots being used by two graphics devices,
where to plug in the 3rd? Of course, you have some PCI slots free, but plain
PCI cards aren't as fast as PCIe/AGP and I'm not aware of mother boards with
better specs.

Greetings,
Christian Parpart.