No DRI or XVideo on i845G

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon May 8 18:58:03 PDT 2006

On 5/6/06, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm unable to get DRI working on an Advantech PCA-6186.
> > /var/log/Xorg.0.log shows that DRI is enabled, but glxinfo shows DRI
> > disabled.  Also, XVideo doesn't work; I get nothing but blue.
> > (Xorg.0.log suggests that has to do with a video pipeline going back
> > and forth between single-wide and double-wide.
>
> can you run LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo and send that?

Sometimes it's the simplest things.  Turns out I neglected to install
the xlibmesa-dri package.  Installed that, and I now have GL.
(glxgears reports about 350 fps.)

And I think I solved the XVideo problem.  Reducing the resolution to
1280x1024 from 1600x1200 now allows XVideo to work.  I think what
happened was that when I was running in 1600x1200, the video pipeline
went double-wide, which the i810 (i915?) driver didn't like.  So the
driver disabled XVideo.

So now I can play videos through most media players (instead of just
"mplayer -vo x11"), albeit I'm limited to a display resolution
of1280x1024.

Is this a bug?

P.S. Sorry for the delayed response; I haven't been near this machine
in a few days, and didn't want to spam the list with a "please wait
until Monday night" message.

--
:wq