[Portland] xdg-screensaver.in

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Wed May 10 03:14:51 PDT 2006

I think it makes more sense to have an API in the X-server to "suspend"
the screensaver for a defined amount of time rather than disable it
entirely. That way you don't end up with a disabled screensaver when an
application crashes, which would have a security impact.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman