[Portland] xdg-screensaver.in

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu May 11 02:20:42 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 16:12, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 04:14, Bastian, Waldo wrote:
> > I think it makes more sense to have an API in the X-server to "suspend"
> > the screensaver for a defined amount of time rather than disable it
> > entirely. That way you don't end up with a disabled screensaver when an
> > application crashes, which would have a security impact.
>
> this is exactly what has already been done ... i needed this for kde4 as
> well and frederikh got busy on it =) of course, this is for a future
> release of x.org ...

 And for future releases of screensavers as well. If I'm not mistaken no
screensaver implementation actually uses the XScreensaver extension for
anything more than just the timeouts, so without rewritting some parts of
them there's no screensaver that'd be actually affected by it.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org