(no subject)

Remus Chirila remus.c at plutohome.com
Mon May 15 12:16:48 PDT 2006

Hello,

Please excuse me if i didn't sent this mail to the right mailing list.

I want to implement in Linux a function similar with ClipCursor, but
without using XGrabPointer().

The first time i tried to process mouse-move events, but it doesn't look
good. When the user moves quickly the pointer, the pointer can be moved
outside the desired rectangle, before the mouse-move event is received by
the application. The application warps the mouse in the desired
rectangle, but it is too late.

Second time i tried XGrabPointer(), it works, but an extra window is not
wanted in my app.

Do you have any other ideas or directions to point to me?

Thanks,
Remus