Issues while reconfiguring

Display Guy displayguy2 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 14:48:21 PDT 2006

Hi,

I downloaded Xorg 7.0.0 (tar balls) and able to build & install successfully in a seperate directory (~/x/xorg700/modular). I was able to startx from there and everything seems fine.

Now I have 2 issues:
1) Before doing any thing to my local tree, I tried to reconfigure and rebuild i810 driver. So what I did is
    a) cd ~/x/xorg/src/driver/xf86-video-i810*/
    b) autoreconf - success
    c) ./configure --prefix ~/x/xorg700/modular - failed
        This is failing with a syntax error "unexpected token RANDR".

    Here is the log:
    checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
    ./configure: line 19523: syntax error near unexpected token `RANDR,'
    ./configure: line 19523: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(RANDR, randrproto)'

2) So to avoid the first issue, I commented the below 4 lines in configure.ac just to move forward:
    # Checks for extensions
    #XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(RANDR, randrproto)
    #XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(RENDER, renderproto)
    #XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XF86DRI, xextproto x11)
    #XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(DPMSExtension, xextproto)

    I re-ran autoreconf which is success. And ./configure --prefix failed while checking package requirements: See log         below:

    checking for XORG... configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server xproto
    xvmc fontsproto ) were not met:

    No package 'xorg-server' found

    Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
    and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    <<<<<<< LOG END

    But the package xorg-server is installed when I first build the whole tree. I checked the files in ~/x/xorg700/modular/lib/pkgconfig and xorg-server.pc is there. Why the pkgconfig isn't able to see this?

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here? Any help is appreciated.

-C