monolithic 6.9.1 tracker and status?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Thu May 25 16:23:04 PDT 2006

On Thursday 25 May 2006 12:00, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I receive the emails from bugzilla for the 6.9.1 tracker.
>
> I sometimes see other bugs it depends on become marked as resolved or
> fixed, but really the fixes are done in the HEAD (modular not monolithic).
>
> Do we need to open new bugs for these? Or specifically list them in the
> monolithic 6.9.1 tracker?

New bugs would probably be good, if you're really interested in 6.9.  Bugzilla
2.22 has a 'clone' feature for this which is absolutely lovely, but we
haven't switched yet.

I also note that the 'target milestone' field is available for 6.8.3 and
6.9.1, which is probably a decent way of tracking them until we get bug
cloning going.

> Any vendors that still use monolithic 6.x that will fund work on keeping
> it up to date?

We (meaning Red Hat) include 6.8.2 in RHEL4, and depending how much our patch
set for it grows we may end up driving a 6.8.3 release, which would just be
bug fix integration.  But we skipped 6.9 altogether, Fedora Core 5 has 7.0
and I'm targeting 7.1 for FC6 and RHEL5, so I probably won't be working on
6.9 anymore.

I suppose from a pure process standpoint we should decide if commits to 6.8.x
must also be accounted for in 6.9.x, but it's very low priority for me atm.

- ajax