[daniel at fooishbar.org: [fdo-announce] annarchy.fd.o (anoncvs, anonsvn, gitweb, webcvs, et al) down]

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue May 30 05:29:40 PDT 2006

For those of you not on announce at .

----- Forwarded message from Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> -----

Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 12:50:10 +0300
From: Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org>
To: announce at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: [fdo-announce] annarchy.fd.o (anoncvs, anonsvn, gitweb, webcvs,
	et al) down

Hi,
Unfortunately annarchy.freedesktop.org has had a rather extreme hardware
failure (not only is the machine dead, but its remote management console
is also malfunctioning quite badly).  Currently annarchy serves
anoncvs, anonsvn, webcvs, gitweb, planet, people, xorg (aka wiki.x.org),
xcb, bugs, and ftp.

This also came at the worst possible time: when all of Portland (where
it's physically located) is asleep.  We expect annarchy, and thus all of
these services, to be done for the next few hours, until the west coast
wakes up, and we can ascertain what's wrong with annarchy and get it
fixed.  Hopefully it's nothing too serious, and just needs a sharp kick
to the posterior to get moving again.

Thanks for bearing with us, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Daniel, fd.o admin ninja