Directfb Xorg server

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Wed May 31 02:10:02 PDT 2006

* Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> schrieb:

<snip>

> The goal here is to be _capable_ of building every DDX at once.

Why is that a goal ?

Coulnd't we just splitt off the server into base libs and the
individual servers (DDX'es) ?

Yes, we already had this topic. Splitting the server into separate
modules would so exorbitant complicated that instead its worth
coppling around with really dirty hacks, without a clear module
structure.

I don't understand why that, but I don't care anymore, since I
cannot imagine that reasons are technical. (I won't waste my time
w/ other folks psy or soc problems ...).

<snip>

> reducing the number of compile-time conditionals is an explicit goal for us.

Oh, great. Clear modularity can help much for this goal.
We could start with these files in the DIX stuff which are filled
up with lots of #ifdef $DDX ... I'm already working on that.

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/