Package x11 not found in pkg-config search path

Stanislav Sedov stas at 310.ru
Wed May 31 09:07:18 PDT 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 23:16:34 +0900
"J. Hart" <af804 at bfn.org> wrote:

> I am trying to build X11R7.1 using the following procedure :
> topdir=/home/jhart/linuxfrmsrc
> cd $topdir
> rm -fr tarballs modular build.log
> mkdir tarballs
> pushd tarballs
> SVPATH=$PATH
> PATH=$topdir/modular/bin:$PATH
> cp -r $topdir/archives/xorg_X11R7.1/* .
> cp ../archives/build-from-tarballs.sh .
> chmod +x build-from-tarballs.sh
> ./build-from-tarballs.sh $topdir/modular 2>&1 | tee $topdir/build.log
> unset PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> PATH=$SVPATH
> unset SVPATH
> popd
> rm -fr tarballs build.log
>

> I get the following error which terminates the build :
> checking for XEXT... configure: error: Package requirements (xproto x11
> xextproto xau) were not met:
>
> Package x11 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `x11.pc'
> No package 'x11' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XEXT_CFLAGS
> and XEXT_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> Does anyone know what is going wrong here ?
>
> Regards and Thanks in advance.

Try to setenv PKG_CONFIG_PATH  $topdir/modular/lib/pkgconfig
before building xorg. It should help, I suppose.

--
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru>
Россия, Москва		http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581