Where to get help

Chris Debenham chris at adebenham.com
Wed Nov 1 21:07:41 PST 2006

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:17:19 -0800
philn <philn at telus.net> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Seeing as no one is interested in making an attempt to address my
> previous problem about xorg freezing my system with every distro
> tried (just a little minor annoyance) could anyone at least point me
> to where I might be able to get some help?
>
> Thanks

Mate, this mailing list has a fair volume so it is easy for a single
message to get missed by subscribers.
Generally xorg configuration issues are best handled by your distro,
but I'll see if I can help :-)
I searched back through the list archive and found your original message
(4 days ago)
Since xorg's auto configuration is not working you will need to do it
manually.  You said that you had a working xorg.conf from knoppix that
only enabled one-head.
Could you send me that file and the output of 'lspci' so I can see what
pci-id the cards are?
I'll have a look at that see what needs to be added to enable dual-head

Cheers,
  Chris

--
Life Is Too Important To Be Taken Seriously.