Dumping input-hotplug branches on master

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Nov 2 02:41:07 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 11:05:52AM +0100, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 11:33:39AM +0200, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 05:34:58AM +0100, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> > > Will these all be part of X.Org 7.2 (RC2) or prereleases for it?
> > > Especially the xorg-server update looks suspicious to me.
> >
> > No, none of them are aimed for 7.2.  This is why the server, inputproto,
> > and libXi were branched.  Any releases of evdev, mouse, and keyboard
> > for 7.2 should be done off a new branch, should someone want to do them.
>
> Thanks. I'm also asking because with the 7.2 RC1 release ajax has been
> announced, that the updates in /releases/individual are part of the
> release. At least this was my understanding.

Not all of them.

> Most components got a version bump for RC1, and are available at:
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/development/X11R7.2-RC1/
>
> as well as in the usual spot under /releases/individual.  Note that this
> contains _only_ updated components; for everything else, use 7.1.

Right.

> Maybe I was wrong and the following updates in /releases/individual
> were not part of RC1?

The only ones part of RC1 were the ones updated on or before that day.
Everything since is assumed not to be, until RC2 rolls along and
clarifies things.  This is one part of where our process sucks.

Unfortunately, RC1 never got any -announce mails, which would've made
everything a bit clearer.

Maybe my development stuff should be moved to
/releases/development/individual, to make it clear that they are not
part of the 7.2 release.  Oh well.  Learning experience. ;)

Cheers,
Daniel