Hey, how about an "xedit" command similar to visudo?

Brendan downhillgames at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 07:37:40 PST 2006

Hey, how about an "xedit" command similar to visudo?

To keep having to tell people on IRC to "nano -w /etc/X11/xorg.conf" or
"vi..." or "pico..." and not having what ever package installed, etc, is
just a hassle. I propose an xedit command to use the editor from the
sysvariable EDITOR to auto-open the current xorg file. "how do i fix this? i
changed my driver from nv to nvidia in the GUI but now it boots me to a
console and i don't know how to use it! HELP!"

.."type 'xedit' in the console as root and.." simple as that. no fuss with
editor types and whatever.

downhillgames