Problem with starting Xwindows

Mughilan Ramajayam mughirp at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 00:16:36 PST 2006

Dear all,

I have compiled and installed Xorg's 6.8.2 as well 7.1. But while starting Xwindows I face issues like the following,

For 6.8.2 =>
Fatal server error:
xf86EnableIOPorts: Failed to set IOPL for I/O

For 7.1 =>
(EE) Failed to load module "bitmap" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "pcidata" (module does not exist, 0)

I have attached the error output and log messages for reference.

Also, please let me know on how to build DIX (Device Independent Xwindows). I am porting to a TI Davinci system.

I have to use the frame buffer and not to use any video drivers. Also please let me know on this.

Please do help me. I thank in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Mughi