i965 textured video crash

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Nov 10 09:54:50 PST 2006

> >Not really. Only XVideo has support for YUV color space. You can emulate
> >that with OpenGL, but not with plain X11.
>
> So, decoding and color conversion is done by CPU. And what about
> transformations needed for wobbling and 3d rotation?

I do not remember you saying that it was slow only during wobbly. There
you get a lot of CPU usage due to differential equation solving and
pushing the vertices to the gfx card.
In both cases the whole screen has to be updated, not only the area of
change. That might inflict additional CPU usage as well. Other than that
everything's done by the graphics hardware.

Using XVideo with Xgl btw. uses OpenGL for color conversion.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de