DeviceIntRec changes cause segfaults

Thu Nov 16 01:21:16 PST 2006

On 16/11/2006, at 19:31 , Daniel Stone wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 07:20:36PM +1030, Peter Hutterer wrote:
>> Adding a field to the struct _DeviceIntRec in xserver/include/
>> inputstr.h will cause the sever to segfault upon initialisation of
>> the keyboard.
>
> If you're using Xorg, you need to rebuild your input driver
> whenever you
> change the ABI like that.

Yeah. I'm using util/modular/build.sh, building xserver and driver.
Did it by hand multiple times as well, didn't help.

>> This should not happen. I recompiled both xserver and driver/xf86-
>> input-keyboard multiple times from scratch using the autogen scripts.
>> The same problem does not happen with the mouse driver.
>
> You are doing make install so that -keyboard gets the new header,
> right?

Checked in the install directory, the /opt/MPX/include/xorg/
inputstr.h file changes accordingly. Output from make in the keyboard
includes said directory, so in theory it should work.

I had a similar problem with the mouse first, introducing the field
into the struct caused segfaults. Rebuilding the server from scratch
helped, but it doesn't work with the keyboard.

Cheers,
   Peter

--
Multi-Pointer X Server