how to debug Xserver Module?

cckuo chechun_kuo at sis.com
Tue Nov 28 04:52:24 PST 2006

How about tearing apart the startx?
In startx, there is some argument will be checked, like client argument,
server argument ...etc.
I don’t what module you want to debug and I guess maybe you can find out
where is the right position in startx or some other script file called by
startx which activates the module you want to debug.
If you find out where it is, mark the name and awake it after using gdb to
attach the debug-version Xserver.
Hope it will help you,
pierre