evdev: held down keys not being repeated

Matt Dew Matt.Dew at seakr.com
Tue Nov 28 08:20:57 PST 2006

Hmmm,

The help under Kxkb states:

"Kxkb configuration does not change anything in XFree86 configuration files
and Layout settings from XFree86 configuration are overridden by Kxkb if
Enable keyboard layout option is turned on.

To make your XFree86 configuration work you have to turn off both Enable
keyboard layout in layout configuration tab and Enable xkb options in Xkb
options configuration tab (for the latter the same effect can be reached if
Reset Old Options is turned off and none of xkb options are set)."

I've done both of these things and it doesn't make any difference.

Are there any KDE people here who can enlighten me?
thanks,
Matt