Proposal for X Server Plug-in Picker

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Nov 30 14:06:59 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 12:47:39PM -0800, Deron Johnson wrote:
> #ifdef PICKER
>        PICKER_WINDOWS_RESTRUCTURED(syncEvents.replayWin);
> #endif /* PICKER */

Please god no.

How about:
#ifdef PICKER
extern void PICKER_WINDOWS_RESTRUCTURED(...);
#else
extern void PICKER_WINDOWS_RESTRUCTURED(...) { ; };
#endif

Also, can we please not have SCREAMING UPPERCASE NAMES scattered all
throughout our code?

The rest looks good to me though, thanks.

(The security stuff is high up on my wishlist of ifdefs to axe.  Just
 short-circuit the functions to always return success if we don't build
 it in.  No point needlessly uglifying the code; if you're going to make
 code changes, then you're going to make code changes, no matter how
 many ifdefs you scatter.)

Cheers,
Daniel