Building Xorg 7.1 from tarballs

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Thu Nov 30 23:19:46 PST 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> In the Linuxfromscratch project we bootstrap Xorg.

> The jist of it is that after you build the libraries but before you
> build the server, you should build Mesa if you want to do it all in
> one pass.

Yeah, that sounds about right.  You just need to remember to move the
makedepend build up to some point before your Mesa build (yes, I know I
said imake earlier, but then I remembered that makedepend is packaged
separately).  As scripted, the utils (xorg-cf-files, imake, makedepend,
gccmakedep, and lndir) are dead last in the build order.