current status for RV380 (RADEON X600) under X.Org, continued (a bit more)

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 1 16:51:37 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 00:10:35 +0200
"Jerome Glisse" <j.glisse at gmail.com> wrote:

> >From top of my mind, r300 driver miss double sided stencil buffer, a couple
> of fragment shader instruction, smooth line, color logic op, ...
>
> We mostly know how to do this but it seems we all lack times to code
> this feature.

Hi, I've been meaning to ask a similar question about an app. that I tried.
Is there any way to quickly tell what is missing from the driver that makes
"chess" (http://www.steviedisco.co.uk)  so slow to run when using the r300
driver?   Any chance it will be able to generate more than 1 frame every 10
seconds after the things you mentioned get fixed?

Thanks,
Sean