Building modular...

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Fri Oct 6 13:22:10 PDT 2006

I'm having a problem with the modular build using jhbuild.  When configuring
for libX11, it complains that xcb-xlib isn't installed (just as the
jhBuildInstructions at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/JhBuildInstructions say will
happen).

So I follow the instructions and clone /git/xcb, build and install it.
However, that still doesn't provide xcb-xlib.  It provides various other xcb
pkgconfig files:

[ adamk at sorrow - ~/xorg/lib/pkgconfig ]: ls xcb*
xcb-composite.pc        xcb-render.pc           xcb-xf86dri.pc
xcb-damage.pc           xcb-res.pc              xcb-xfixes.pc
xcb-dpms.pc             xcb-screensaver.pc      xcb-xprint.pc
xcb-glx.pc              xcb-shape.pc            xcb-xtest.pc
xcb-proto.pc            xcb-shm.pc              xcb-xv.pc
xcb-randr.pc            xcb-sync.pc             xcb-xvmc.pc
xcb-record.pc           xcb-xevie.pc            xcb.pc

Any ideas?

Adam