Problem with 2560x1600 monitor

eac edwin.a.castro at hp.com
Fri Oct 6 18:55:05 PDT 2006

I am configuring a 30-inch Apple Cinema Display LCD with a NVIDIA Quadro FX
4500 Card on a RED HAT Enterprise Linux 4.

I specified that resolutions to use in the xorg.conf file but non of these
resolutions are available after the server start. The resolutions available
from the X server are the default VESA standard modes.

Below is the link to my xorg.conf file.
http://www.nabble.com/file/304/xorg.conf.nabble xorg.conf.nabble

I found in
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/X11R6.8.0/doc/xorg.conf.5.html under the
Modes command in the Display Section that ?The server will delete modes from
this list which don't satisfy various requirements.? I am assuming that this
is my problem but no more detail about these requirements is provided here.

Does any one know which requirement the X server use to delete Modes form
the list in the Display section?

Thanks in advance for your help.

EAC