drivers error for Xgl

Chong, Weiliang weiliang.chong at intel.com
Sun Oct 8 23:39:11 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I compiled Xgl(from git tree) myself on ia32e(64-bit)  G965 machine with
FC5, when run Xgl like following

         Xgl  -ac -accel glx:pbuffer -accel xv:pbuffer&

I got the error from X server. I seems a problem of i810 driver which
worked fine with X (no Xgl). I think I need to rebuild the i810 driver
to support Xgl, is there a different way to compiling the driver for Xgl
from the compiling for X(not Xgl)

(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"

(EE) module ABI major version (1) doesn't match the server's version (0)

(EE) Failed to load module "i810" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

(EE) No drivers available.

Fatal server error:

no screens found

XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":93.0"

      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

[3]+  Exit 1                  Xgl -ac -accel glx:pbuffer -accel
xv:pbuffer