drivers error for Xgl

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 19:08:01 PDT 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 21:52, Chong, Weiliang wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion, following it, the error of ABI gone, but
> another error appears,
>
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.93.log", Time: Tue Oct 10 09:48:59 2006
>
> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
>
> (WW) module ABI major version (1) doesn't match the server's version (0)
>

> Fatal server error:
>
> no GLX visuals available
>

> Do you have and ideas?

Do you have an up-to-date 3D driver? This would come from Mesa CVS on
freedesktop.org. Also, check that you are loading GLX and DRI modules in
your xorg.conf (I think; I'm not sure about Xgl). If you update to Mesa CVS,
you will first need to update libdrm to the development version, this is in
the "drm" git tree on freedesktop.org.

Also, is there any reason you aren't using AIGLX? It works much better on
Intel hardware and it'll probably be faster. I have a G965 platform computer
as well and I never got Xgl to work correctly. AIGLX, on the other hand, has
worked almost from day one.

--
Andrew Barr

Men go crazy in congregations they only get better one by one.
	-- Sting, "All This Time" (The Soul Cages, 1991)