Video playback strangeness

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 19:12:33 PDT 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 21:03, Grant wrote:
> When I'm playing a video fullscreen that has something moving in a
> window behind it (like a progress bar), the video will flash right
> over the spot where there is movement behind it.  I stripped my
> xorg.conf down a while ago and I'm wondering if I should add something
> back in to fix this.  The only modules I'm loading are glx, dbe, and
> extmod.  I'm using the nvidia drivers.

Unfortunately not many people here will be able to help you much because the
nvidia drivers are proprietary. I would recommend one of the nVidia graphics
forums where you are more likely to have more people who use those drivers.

I do have this suggestion, though: check that Xv is operating properly. You
can discern this e.g. from the console output of Mplayer or commands such
as 'xvinfo'.

HTH.

> Does anyone know what I'm
> talking about?
>
> - Grant

Andrew Barr

Men go crazy in congregations they only get better one by one.
	-- Sting, "All This Time" (The Soul Cages, 1991)