server-1.2-branch accidentally merged with master

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Oct 10 00:15:48 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 17:40 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> In attempting to checkin a simple configure.ac script fix to the
> server-1.2-branch today, I appear to have accidentally merged
> master into the server-1.2-branch.   Is there any way to undo this?

I guess we could just revert broken commits this time.

> (Alternatively, what in master do we not want in the 1.2 branch?
>   The wfb merge?   Anything else?)

wfb definitely broke some systems, though it looks like that may be
solved soon.

> Sorry about this - I will learn to double check which branch is checked
> out before pulling updates next time.

May I also suggest considering:

      * Using git-fetch and git-rebase instead of git-pull (which is
        really intended for merging) for syncing to a remote repository.
      * Always double-checking with gitk (or at least something like
        git-log) that things look sane before pushing anything.