Keyboard-problems (german), Mesa-problems

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Thu Oct 12 07:16:55 PDT 2006

		Hello everybody.

I am trying to build a DRI-capable Xorg-git-checkout on a
Linux-from-scratch (LFS) system.
There are serveral problems:

1)
First and foremost, the keyboard allows no switching from X to
the console; there are no symbols like @ or | available, as
they would need a modifier (at least on my german keyboard).

On a machine which got a xorg-git installation w. a checkout
from 09/12/06 and was "upgraded" to the current checkout,
these effects do not occur... (...?...)

2)
Building xorg with the current mesa-cvs-checkout succeeds,
after the mentioned additions to the
    GL/mesa/{shader,main}/Makefile.am s ,
the Mesasource itself doesn't compile, stopping while
compiling src/glx/x11/indirect.c with:

error: '_glapi_Dispatch' undeclared (first use in this function)

on serveral places, starting at 5050
   (in function glAreTexturesResidentEXT).
This is a minor problem insofar as a cvs-checkout which I did
a couple of days ago still compiles as well as xorg still compiling
against it. As we are using an ATI card
  ( RV370 5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)] )
that uses the r300_dri which does not yet do hardware-accelerated
graphics inspite of claiming "Direct rendering: yes" via glxinfo,
we set some hopes on newer Mesa-versions from CVS.

3)
Now to a minor confusement, the destdir capabilities of the
build.sh-buildscript are not available through all the modules,
some not finding includes when using it, as they are in
$destdir/$prefix/include instead of being in $prefix/include.
As there is a lot of movement right now, I sincerely hope that
this will change in the nearer future.
Packaging things for a kind of distribution, it is a little
uncomfortable, though.

While No. 3 is of no bigger importance, as it can be dealt with,
issue No. 1 is kind of a show-stopper, as one cannot really
work with it, let alone give a machine away on which the desktop/WM
is not convincable to use the keyboard in the way one is used to.

		Maybe someone could shed some light..?

			greets,
			  Jens
--
Jens Stroebel <dr-xorg at bcsoft>
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java