CrossComiling Xorg X11R7.1 for ARM (Error at makekeys : > cannot execute binary)

Jarno Manninen jarno.manninen at tut.fi
Thu Oct 12 13:22:07 PDT 2006

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:18:49 +0530
> From: "zubair ahmed" <zubair17in at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: CrossComiling Xorg X11R7.1 for ARM (Error at makekeys :
> 	cannot	execute binary)
> To: "zubair ahmed" <zubair17in at gmail.com>, xorg at lists.freedesktop.org
>
> Thanks ill try that ...
> And tell you if i stuck up somewhere.

Hello,

I've been cross-compiling X.org with a bunch of dirty hacks done after
configure. Something like this was required for libX11:

         configure_package $2

         begin_operation "Fix compilation of non-installed utilities"

         for i in src/util; do
                 sed -i -e "s/ppc_82xx-//" -e "s/ppc-linux-//" \
                         -e "s/LIBTOOL = .*/LIBTOOL = \$\(SHELL\) libtool/"\
                          $i/Makefile
                 test_failure
         done

Basically I'm stripping out the cross-compiler prefix from the
Makefile. However I don't remember what is the purpose of the LIBTOOL
hack. :D

- Jarno