Problem in configuring Xorg

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Fri Oct 13 03:57:13 PDT 2006

On 13 Oct 2006 10:42:26 -0000, Bishal <bishal at baayu.com.np> wrote:

> While trying to configure Xorg in freebsd 6.1 I get the following error.
>
>   Failed to load module "speedo"
>   No devices detected
>   Fatal Server error:
>   no screens found
>
>  My display adapter is
>         Driver      "sis"
>         VendorName  "Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]"
>         BoardName   "SiS630 GUI Accelerator+3D"
>         BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
>

> Earlier it was working fine with Freebsd 5.0 no when I did the fresh
> install to freebsd 6.1 the graphical doesnot work.
> Can anyone help me what's wrong with the xorg?

Hi Bishal,

this is far too little information for anyone to help you with your
problem. What you need to do is post links (preferred over
attachments) to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log - you
should probably take a look at these yourself too, to see what's going
on.

This document will help you in your quest:

HTH,
 -Kacper