7.2 RC1

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Fri Oct 13 22:48:31 PDT 2006

Adam Jackson wrote:

> Most components got a version bump for RC1, and are available at:
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/development/X11R7.2-RC1/
>
> as well as in the usual spot under /releases/individual.  Note that this
> contains _only_ updated components; for everything else, use 7.1.

This sucks, because this offers no information about removed components. E.g., from freshmeat, I know that luit now has to be downloaded from ftp://invisible-island.net/luit/, not from xorg.freedesktop.org, and that all lbx stuff has been dropped. So please either make a full distribution, or a README about what exactly has to be reused from earlier releases, or a list of what has been dropped.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov