DISPATCH ERROR! with latest i965 DRI

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 10:33:35 PDT 2006

Hi, again, I built Mesa CVS to test the i965 DRI updates and I am getting the
following errors when a GL program is invoked:

andrew at conroe:~$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glAreTexturesResident!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glGenTextures!
DISPATCH ERROR! _glapi_add_dispatch failed to add glIsTexture!

At least in the case of glxinfo it goes on to print the usual unsupported
visual 0x5a warning followed by normal DRI-enabled output. glxgears seems to
work okay, if not slightly better (higher FPS) than before.

This is with the Mesa CVS libGL* binaries as well as the libgl1-mesa-*
packages from Debian unstable (version 6.5.1)--e.g. stock Mesa 6.5.1 with
just an updated i965_dri.so file. I don't know if this is the cause of the
problem or not, but Compiz (nee Beryl) just turns my screen white (again).

Since I last went on this adventure, I have switched desktops, from Gnome to
KDE (3.5.5), and there were some issues getting Beryl to work on KDE on my
laptop but after deleting the settings files and directories for the various
programs (~/.beryl/, ~/.beryl-settingsrc, ~/.emerald/, etc.) it seems to work
OK...better than last time when Kicker crashed when a systray icon
disappeared.

--
Andrew Barr

Now playing: Sting - Jeremiah Blues (Part 1)