radeon problem

unknown nameless core.cure at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 13:45:31 PDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I am not sure whether it is the right place to report my probelm, but after
installing latest version of slackware 11 I experience problem with Xorg and
AGP and PCI cards. Previous version worked fine with these cards and I could
use Xorg with two monitors at once. now using old config file or new one
create by xorgsetup I get this message and only monitor connected to AGP
card works.
I tried changing BIOS settings so that PCI card were initiated first, but
then only monitor with PCI card works. moreover I did not have to change the
BIOS settings to make these cards work in previous version.

(II) RADEON(1): Monitor name: Acer AL1914
(II) RADEON(1):
(II) RADEON(1): Primary:
 Monitor   -- CRT
 Connector -- VGA
 DAC Type  -- Primary
 TMDS Type -- External
 DDC Type  -- VGA_DDC
(II) RADEON(1): Secondary:
 Monitor   -- NONE
 Connector -- DVI-D
 DAC Type  -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
 TMDS Type -- Internal
 DDC Type  -- DVI_DDC
(WW) RADEON(1): Video BIOS not detected, using default clock settings!
(WW) RADEON(1): Clock not counting...
(WW) RADEON(1): Failed to probe xtal value ! Using default 27Mhz

   *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
   *** be the reason for the server aborting.

Backtrace:
0: X(xf86SigHandler+0x8a) [0x8088b2a]
1: [0xb7f30420]
2: X(InitOutput+0xb83) [0x8072713]
3: X(main+0x226) [0x80d4496]
4: /lib/tls/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xd4) [0xb7daee14]
5: X [0x806ff61]

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 8.  Server aborting