missing LICENSES and COPYING files

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Tue Oct 17 12:24:18 PDT 2006

You (reed at reedmedia.net) wrote:

 JCR> Also font/screen-cyrillic has no details -- where did this come from? Why
 JCR> is it in the source tree? (I found in XFree86 logs about "643. Update
 JCR> kio8-r encoded Cyrillic BDF fonts (#A.1267, Andrey A. Chernov)." but don't
 JCR> know where it was derived from or the copyright on it.

Andrey says those files are under the following license:

This package contains the set of Russian fonts for X11 Release 6.
Copyright (C) 1994-1995 Cronyx Ltd.
Changes Copyright (C) 1996 by Sergey Vovk
Changes Copyright (C) 1999-2000 by Serge Winitzki
Changes Copyright (C) 1996-2000 by Andrey A. Chernov, Moscow, Russia.

Version: 2.3.1

This software may be used, modified, copied, distributed and sold,
in both source and binary form provided that the above copyright
and these terms are retained. Under no circumstances is the author
responsible for the proper functioning of this software, nor does
the author assume any responsibility for damages incurred with its use.

You may contact him directly using <ache at nagual.pp.ru> e-mail if
further information is needed.

JID: dottedmag at jabber.dottedmag.net