New release of x.org -- thanks for a hard work!

Wiktor Wandachowicz siryes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 06:18:17 PDT 2006

Hello all x.org developers and contributors!

After reading about Mozilla, Debian, Firefox and IceWeasel quarrels
(http://lwn.net/Articles/200857) I thoght about what you've done some
time ago: a fork of XFree86 code base. And the stream of reflections
come.

Everyday Linux users just fire their machines and don't think a moment
about what propels their desktops at the very base - the x.org server.
Given the fact that this is an enourmous task to maintain and improve
the X server, I felt today *very* grateful for the good job you do. To
the extent that I wrote what you're just reading :)

Your stuff *just works* (exactly what people expect nowadays), but I
am a programmer too and I can imagine what it is to do a good, solid
release. I'd like to skip problems that people have with proprietary
drivers like ATI's or NVidia's (this is a pain, I admit), but rather
to concentrate on the whole set of features. Improvements everywhere,
small and big. And I really, really like that! All this just leaves me
warm and fuzzy inside ;)

Once again, good job and thanks a lot!

Wiktor Wandachowicz

--