Drawing to video framebuffer in Rotated mode

James Jones jajones at nvidia.com
Fri Oct 20 11:23:06 PDT 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 10:07 am, Jacob Zachariah wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I'm working with a legacy 2D application that gets the
> address of the video framebuffer (/proc/pci -
> Prefetchable memory of gfx card) & draws 2d graphics
> to it.

It is essentially luck that has allowed this to work at all, and it
will likely stop working soon.  What is the application, and why
can't it use a more sane drawing method?

If you really, really, really have to insist on doing this, you're
more or less right.  You might be able to get away with doing
something to trick the X driver into thinking it just updated the
region your app is drawing to.  No Guarantees.

Again, please, just don't do this.

Thanks,
-James

nvpublic