XServer / Embedded

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Fri Oct 20 18:04:33 PDT 2006

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:25:32 +0200 William DUCK <guillaume.fortaine at wanadoo.fr>
babbled:

> >I suggest you have a look at Matchbox,
> http://projects.o-hand.com/matchbox/.
>
> Hello, I would want to use enlightenment as it based on XCB. Is there an
> window manager that use xcb for embedded ?

e is not based on xcb. :) we have some xcb support in evas. there is some going
into ecore - but not ready yet. e17 istelf has explicit xlib code for a small
section (the white box of death which runs on a different x display connection)

> Or does kdrive include xcb  ?
>
> Will be kdrive powerful enough to play Mpeg-4 videos ?

that is completely up to the speed of your cpu and how big the video is (in
resolution) and if the hardware you have has any form of yuv->rgb and scaling
acceleration. and if it's supported.